[TechAssist] Re: Hypothetical: When NTSC goes,will we have one standard ?

  • From: Larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:53:54 -0400

Leroy, many things you say seem to make sense to me.
im 60, maybe that is why.
my self ans many of my customers feel the HD tv pix played in
standard cable mode dont look as good as old tvs. i tell them
it was made for HD and they will see the difference later, I
hope im right.
also many of my customers are happy with what they now have
and see no need for improvement, I only see the new expensive
sets maybe giving our business a life extension.
As for me i dont have a dark room dedicated totally to tv
viewing, so i dont want anything bigger than my 32" to
overwhelm the den, i like to think there is more to home life
than watching tv.
why would i want to sit 30 foot awat from the set I am watching.
when we have company we visit, not watch tv.
But i still think these sets will help our business, so I am
for them.
If i had my choice i would just go back to changing tubes in
the 60s, best year of my life.
Young , strong, and good money, oh well, dont look back only
forward.
I just hope i dont look back later and say 2005 was also a
good one compaired to the future.

Look at it this way, if you feel good, have food and close,
and roof over head, and no one trying to kill you.
What more is there.?
Larry

lol

majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Maybe it's my age [66] but the ones I've seen look like reg TV-maybe they be
> playin analog tho anyway.
>
> Pete
>

> "Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV" <rlmbkm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My 53in Panasonic rear projection crt PTV with native res of 1080i using
> Dish network for HD programming and also the free OTA signals BLOW NTSC all
> to pieces.
> Country TV
> Ron Miller
> Inez, TX. 77968

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY