[TechAssist] Re: How to repair broken split aluminum volume control shafts?

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:10:02 -0500

Bruce, that is a good idea, although I'm wondering if that would make
the good side of the shaft weaker, having a hole through it. I went
ahead and applied JB Weld and crimped a cable connector ring aound the
shaft at the back (behind where the knob fits on) and I'll let it cure
for a day. Will post the results after.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada