[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi VT-M272A funny problem

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:11:16 -0400

If the problem is not with the vcr but with the tapes, be aware that one of
the copyguard tricks is to reduce the amplitude of the recorded control
pulses. Some vcrs just wont put up with that. You can see it at the control
pulse test point. You play a normal tape or self recording and see, for
example, a 2 volt peak to peak pulse. You play the problem tape and see a
1/2 volt peak to peak pulse. Of course if there is a problem at the A/C head
for some reason it makes the vcr more susceptable to problems like this from
the copyguard.
I recall running into a similar problem on a Hitachi vcr a long time ago and
everything was in perfect adjustment. When I talked to Hitachi T/A about it,
they told me there was an improved A/C head available for the model to take
care of the problem.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave