[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi VT-F462A

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:41:09 -0800

Stan,
What you have there is a Hitachi tape eater.  Usually known for poor torque
in the clutch/idler assembly and reel functions in general.  In your case,
if you're getting sound in the SP mode but not extended check the brake on
the supply reel.  Put a dummy cassette in and see if the supply reel spins
fairly easy.  If so replace the brake and re-set the tension.  The
additional tension is needed for audio at slower turning speeds.  When you
do this, you might also have to replace the pinch roller if it's worn or
glazed in order to pull against the added tension.
Hope this helps.
Bill

Premium Technologies
27501 V Street