[TechAssist] Hitachi PTV CU4601, Tuner problem??

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:13:46 -0500

Friends,

This one looks like a bad tuner.  Feeding the AUX input from a VCR, the
set works fine.  Replaced the tuner, problem remains.  I think it is just
missing a voltage to the tuner, but have not been able to find it.  Tried
the Hitachi website, but no schematic available.  I believe the chassis
is VP8X.  Made in 1990.

If someone has the manual for this set, would appreciate a partial
schematic with tuner voltages, or the source and path of the +33 volts
(assumed) to the tuner.  This is a shop set, but fixing it for sale could
help pay the rent!

TIA,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services