[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi PTV 50UX10B, distortion in pix

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:35:57 -0500

Generally when you find a "spot" you can't get rid of, or while adjusting it
suddenly distorts....I've found that I have pushed the alignment to the
extreme, causing foldover, distortion etc.

 First thing I'll do is identify if this is the case by reducing the up/down
or left/right of the distorted area, (ie see if it'll settle them down) . If
so, that tells me the signal is at it's extreme, and I need to compensate
that by readjusting all other points IN THE SAME DIRECTION (if it settles
down by reducing the offending points down, VVV then leave those points
there, adjust the points overall upwards^^^ to get the Offending points back
where they belong.

I've had that happen several times near the top on Hitachi PTVs. Worst thing
is....no mylar alignment jig to help you, so centering is about the only way
to start.

HTH

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services