[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi Model 50UX58B green convergence

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:34:19 -0400

sounds like you have a register overflow problem due to being on the extreme
end of the adjustment. An 8 bit register will go to 255 then will reset to
zero as you descibed it "swinging back".

This means that there is a more fundamental problem with the original
convergence. If a tube was replaced, it might be that the installer failed
to statically land the beam (with the neck mags) before he did the
convergence. this will cause EVERYTHING to be way off center adjust.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550