[TechAssist] Hitachi HDTV 43FDX01B--colored lines--FIXED

  • From: Hugh at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:16:29 -0700

Many thanks to Alvie Rodgers for help on repair of strange colored lines
on screen after replaceing convergence chips.
Set came in with convergence problems, replaced chips STK392-110 --then
had 3 strange red, blue, and green curved lines
in the top 1/3 of the picture.  Convergence and vert. lin. were OK.
Problem was corrected by getting into service menu--use service sw. on
def. board to get test pattern.
With Set off, press and hold INPUT on front of TV, then hit POWER on
TV--Service menu should come up.  Scroll to page 2 of menu
with  MENU on remote to page 2.   Find center of screen in vertical
direction, under FLEX CONT in menu-get to VD-POS and reset
value so vert  center is same as TV center.  I don't know how this can
happen, but it fixed my problem!  All this menu info can be found on Hitachi
web site.
This was a set customer had gotten into first.

--
Hugh Thornley
Main TV