[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi CU5000K Convergence problems

  • From: Neil Bowman <tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:00:13 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Ok, After all this time, found about 2 dozoe bad caps on the convergence amp.
board and about 8 on the conv. control board that did the trick with the
convergence problem. So, this was the fix. Now I only have a problem with light
waves on the upper third of the picture and the OSG still flutters. The picture
is great at this point except for the waves and the fluttering OSG. The waves
don't distort the picture, but looks like skinny waves. Anyone have a simular
problem and sollution to this one.   Neil
TV Doctors
Monroe,Wa.

Forgot to mention that I did check all the resistors on the conv. amp. board.  I
do notice that the on screen display
flutters vertically when it pops up, if this has any extra hints from someone.
I receive my mail through incredimail so I can't answer thread that go their.
I'm
using my earthlink webmail to compose.  Neil   TV Doctors

Convergence all out of whack.  Cooling and heating of IC2101 on the convergence
correction board makes major changes. I replaced this Ic with one that I bought
through Tritronics but same exact thing.  Anyone else have a problem with this
on
these hitachi's or is there a tip somewhere that discusses this.  Just ordered a
new Ic from another soarce to try but thought about getting input b4 it gets
here.
Neil
TV Doctors
Monroe,Wa.