[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi 60sx1k -AP 14 chassis. Big Pix Bending, poor sync

  • From: <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:33:36 -0500

Well it actually is a 60sx1k....I found out the 3D comb circuitry is
creating the distortion. I've pulled the module and will order the aluminum
caps which several people have suggested to do. Thanks for the info.

Now all I have to figure out is why the same TV goes into High voltage
shutdown, killing the Smps supplies, until I unplug the AC cord and plug it
back in. I had a terrible time scoping this unit because some of the plugs
would partially unplug themselves, causing no pix, no tuning, no power
problems.....I spent more time chasing partial unplugs than actually
diagnosing the comb filter. Note that all the regs, horiz output circuit and
smps were soldered. Acts up when the board is moved, so I'm looking for a
loose connect.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services