[TechAssist] Hitachi 50FX18B, AP62 Chassis, No Startup

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:44:27 -0400

Hi All,
    I am working on a startup problem on this Hitachi AP62 chassis. When the
power button is pressed, HV comes and stays up, all of the supply LEDs light
up, but the power light stays off and there is no video or audio. The CRTs have
screen and filament voltage, but there is no video signal being sent to them.
Also, the unit will not turn off with the remote control; the power button on
the front of the set must be pressed. It will turn on with the remote, though.
    I am not very familiar with Hitachi's, but it seems like this set is in
some kind of protection mode. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of
problem?
Thanks in advance,
Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics