[TechAssist] Hitachi 43FDX01B DP05F chassis HD ready TV.voices lost in background noise

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:26:44 -0400

I feel stupid submitting this, seems so basic. Customer phoned me about
the sound on this HD ready TV. Uses the main TV speakers. Has
Brighthouse cable with their HD box. Says the station audio is hard to
understand. He can hear the programs laugh track, or background audio
very loud, but the conversations are all but discernable. "The voices
are lost in the background noise" is his description.
I said it sounds like theres no center channer audio. I downloaded the
owners manual, and looked at the audio preferences. All seem normal. I
am under the assumption theres a menu option in the wrong setting.
Any suggestions welcome.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader