[TechAssist] Re: High voltage arcing, what's the cause?

  • From: woodman1@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:24:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Stefaan,
           Could be many causes, open connection from CRT ground to chassis
ground, HV to high, bad CRT socket or even air leaking into the CRT.. Last part
you can check by unplugging CRT socket..put jumper on CRT ground other end to
small screwdriver..with set on.. touch pins on CRT socket if they arc picture
tube causing problem...
Hope this helps...

Bob

Bobs TV