[TechAssist] Re: Help re Sears TVC539-14972 Update

  • From: "Warren C." <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:14:24 -0400

Update*********

Thanks All and thanks Gary your 539-XXXXX started me checking. I had 6 numbers
after
the 539-

I double checked for the model number, I found it to be C539-14972 Chassis #
C539-51225
We will blame it on the gremlin in my keyboard. My gremlin apologizes for the
mistake.

However nothing else changes as I used the proper #  when talking to Sears and
nothing found on the
web sites recommended.

This set may very well be Canadian only.. I don't know. The label says SEARS
CANADA.
The set was also made in 1992. Perhaps sears doesn't go back this far??  They
should!

Can Sanyo help ?? Are they allowed to cross reference over to their own tv's??

PS I found a similar model number Sears 1993 model number in my scrap pile, I
will check to see if a
similar diode is in it.

"Warren C." wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to get help re Sears tv parts
> Sears themselves and their service centres no help at all.
> They are hopelessly useless (at least that's my experience)
> I just want to know about D509 in chassis number C539-51225.
> It's a zenner diode  with "10"    "14" and    "A"    written on it .
> I cannot cross it with this info. I only know that it's in the startup
> voltage path (feeds to may large IC's)
>
> Do you fellas find out sears info in some other fashion..If so how?
> I was even told that service centres don't have phones...And I was to
> take this tv to a
> physical address to maybe see what this part is. The address given was 6
> hrs away by car.
>
> TIA
>
> Warren Cmapbell
> Campbell's TV & Appliances