[TechAssist] Re: Heat sink compound

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:43:12 -0400

I use white. i hardly ever see clear silicone any more.
seems most manufacturers do also.
i do worry about the rubber like pads some use,instead of
grease. seems like a wider space to the heat sink.

Just my opinion,
Larry

Gary McCartney wrote:

> I use the white stuff, whatever that is. Don't know if its considered
> the best or not but wouldn't mind finding out if there is anything
> better. The computer over-clockers use this silvery colored stuff with
> aluminum powder or something in it, so that might be better but very
> expensive. Al, why do you consider this to be off-topic. Sounds like a
> perfectly good service question to me.
>

> Gary McCartney
>
> McCartney Electronics
> Guelph Ontario Canada
> Est. 1984
> email: gary (at) number63.ca
>

> al m wrote:
>
>>I know it's off topic but I haven't thought of what I was buying before.
>>Which is better the non silicone or the silicone compound?
>>Al Marquardt
>>ampm@xxxxxxx
>>Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
>>206 W Main
>>Girardville Pa. 17935

>>Lost Password:
>>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login Problems?".
>>Email Archives:
>>//www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY