[TechAssist] Heads Up on Earthlink hoax

  • From: "repair1" <repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:26:16 -0600

If you recieve a message from Earthlink stating your mail account is
infected,and there is an attachment with files to fix problem,IT IS A
HOAX,DONT OPEN IT!!!!!,I called Earthlink and the automated responsetold of
theproblem, and stated that Earthlink support NEVER sends attachments.
Ishould have known something was fishy,the message said it was from netcom
support. netcom was absorbed by Earthlink several years ago,BTW my updated
Norton showed I had no viruses,have a good day.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx