[TechAssist] Re: HITACHI BIG SCREEN CAN'T LINE UP THE BLUE WITH RED & GREEN HELP!!~!!

  • From: jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:54:22 -0400

Thanks. I guess I should some day read Acrobat's documentation, but I did
get it to do partial page prints with AR5 after I saw the "Graphics Select
Tool" icon on the end of AR5's toolbar.
I also tried Ghostscript, and Ghostview (open source Postscript and PDF
viewers) today. They might be useful if you only wish to view the prints,
and not print them. The images did not look quite as good, and it is slow
going between zoom levels, but it is very fast scrolling zoomed images
around on the screen. I would guess that when the zoom occurrs, the whole
picture is decoded and buffered, while Acrobat Reader probably only decodes
what is to be viewed each time you scroll (slow as mud).
By the way the freeware viewer I recommended for the multipage tiff files (
and other viewing ) is called IFRANVIEW (not infranview). Download size is
about 630k from:
http://www.irfanview.com/ or
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,38759,.html

Ghostscript ans Ghostview can be found at:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Mike Goins    ( jmgoins@xxxxxxxx )