[TechAssist] Re: HDTV pattern generators. Sencore VP300: any one use/like it?

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:29:11 -0500

This is an ATSC tuner card for watching OTA HD on your PC.  It is also
reputed to be quite buggy.  There are a couple of cards that have the right
outputs, but currently none that are available for notebooks with component
output.  They all have DVI-D outputs.  Given the trend toward HDMI, which
has no analog ability.

Most of the DVI outputs from computers are DVI-D.  Some of the cards have
component output, and we may end up just getting one of those for the
desktop.

It would be nice to have one notebook with HD DVD and all of the outputs
currently in use.  We may never see such an animal.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606