[TechAssist] Re: HDTV over air question

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:01:09 -0400

I feel this is a scare tactic used by the salesmen to clinch the sale of
their new equipement. In case you haven't noticed, look around the store
and see all the NTSC Tvs,etc still on the floor.Are they(the stores)
pulling this stock from their floors? heck no.
Most sat and cable boxes that have the HD outputs usually have composite
outputs as well. Now maybe the only Tvs that will be unusable may be the
old Tvs with just a cable RF connector.Those with the video in jacks
will be usable I think. My customers in the 1970's didn't throw their
older TVs out with the rotary VHF knobs because cable came up with more
than 12 VHF cable stations. No, they simply put a box on them and
continued on for years. I wouldn't freak out just yet.And I would
counter your used TV customer's remark about your reconditioned TVs
becomming unusable with "Well you could go buy a 30" HD for about
$1600.00 now, or buy my set for a few bucks and use it in the mean time
until we all see what happens".
See?
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx