[TechAssist] Re: HDTV. Where O' Where are you tonight..why did youleave me here all alone.....

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:32:44 -0800

Isn't digital broadcast the same as digital video tapes?  If I make 100
copies of a VHS tape (using the previous copy to make the next copy) the
100th tape will have a very weak signal and will be unwatchable.  But
with a digital video tape, the hundredth generation tape will have a
very weak signal, but will give a perfect picture.

By this analogy, a digital broadcast could be weaker than its analog
equivalent, and still give a better picture.  Am I wrong in this
thinking?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada