[TechAssist] Re: HDTV UHF VHF Question

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:35:10 +0000

I think the orginal plan was to continue NTSC 3.58 on the UHF low power band
for local stations for those who didn't have HDTV and the VHF bands were to
be sold off by the FCC (actually they allready did) for HDTV.  What has
happened is that consumers aren't buying HDTV's and no one wants to
broadcast HDTV unless they have a customer base so there are HDTV
transmisons on UHF as repeaters of the VHF band for those who have HDTV
since the stations aren't willing to switch and potentially lose viewership.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: HDTV  UHF  VHF Question
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:34:52 -0600

Channel 8 WFAA/ABC is broadcasting HD on channel 9 here in Dallas/Fort Worth
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc