[TechAssist] Re: HD generator solution?

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:45:38 -0500

I hesitate to buy the Sencore stuff because of the cost and my experience
with the last set of equipment from them is that I have had lots of
problems.  Every one of the six pieces that I have now except the CR7000 has
had problems.

I have a CD with some test patterns, and have the Digital Video Essentials
DVD.  I have also considered building my own files, no big deal for static
patterns.  I might just wait for the new JVC HD VCRs and get a copy of DVE
on tape.  The new machines will have DVI outputs as well as component.

The Roku unit is now cheap enough ($299) that I might just get one and play
with it.

Leonard Caillouet