[TechAssist] Re: Guy outside the list is asking for a schematic

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:52:30 -0500

I have taken into consideration of everyones opinion and I came up with
an answer for the guy who emailed me wanting a schematic. Below is what
I told him. Also, opinion is that everyone in the group should stop
publically mentioning that they are "sending the schematic" or
"uploading the schematic". This should be done privately only.

My reply to the guy:

Hi.

I am sorry but the messages you found are from a private professional
Technician's email list. The messages are unwillingly searchable on the
internet. I have asked other group members their opinion on sharing
information outside the group and a unaminous answer was NOT to share,
because of the fact that it takes a repair job away from a proffesional
technician who is having a difficult time earning his living as it is,
without helping the general public to make their own repairs, or in many
cases, make the repair even more difficult or even hurt themselves
attemting to do it. The price of consumer electronics at the retail
level is declining at such a rapid pace that many of my fellow group
members may be out of work in the near future. I hope that you can
understand our situation.

Thanks for inquiring.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics