[TechAssist] Re: General question on Philips PTV coolant replacement

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:42:40 -0500

I don't think you would want ammonia, as that's the one chemical we are not
supposed to use on the plastic screens . I know a tech that
will remove the lens and use an automotive polish. The type advertised that is
used on plexiglass cockpit canopies.Some kind of polimer.
Like an oxidised car finish, you have to "break" the scum barrier.
For general lens and screen cleaning we use "Glass Plus", as it has no ammonia
and is very safe.
You know, mold and fungus can actually eat into a surface and etch it. be sure
you are removing a coating and it's not etched surface
there.
Phil Bader

daryls_tv@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Dave,
> I have used 99% alcohol without any ill effects.  To be safe, try a small
> spot on an area off to the side.  It sould work out for you.
> Good luck,
> Daryl
> Daryl's TV
> 2402 Wyoming Ave.
> El Paso, TX  79903
> daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
> www.angelfire.com/tv2/daryls_tv

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx