[TechAssist] Re: GENERAL QUESTION -- DUST SPECKS BETWEEN LENSES

  • From: Ralph Dorsey <Merlin-Wizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:31:13 -0600

about two months ago i wrote a thread that explained about removing the
screens and pressure washing them. many guys wrote back about how i must
be crazy because this would surely crack or break the lenses, but not
one guy wrote back and said he gave it it a try.  I've done  several
hundred this way and never had one problem. However I'm very careful and
only do it myself ( I don't send another employee to do it). Any ways if
you didn't get the message here it is again. Go to the house and get the
remaining  good screen (usually the fresnal) and take it to a  self
serve car wash. Use the wash cycle on both side first then rinse then
use the "spot free rinse". Take it back to the shop and blow off the
excess water with an air compressor. Stand it next to a wall with a fan
and let it dry the rest of the way. Put the two pieces together and
you'll have two perfectly clean screens . you can use this procedure to
clean them of course even if they don't need to be changed just cleaned.
This works great for tobacco stains