[TechAssist] Re: GENERAL QUESTION -- DUST SPECKS BETWEEN LENSES

  • From: "OrpheusComputing.com Repair" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:00:29 -0600

Damon what I have done before in similar situations is use
static eliminators and compressed air.  I have a device that
looks like a gun, and you pull the trigger in a certain
fashion and it emits ions.  Pulling the trigger will emit
either + or - , and releasing it does the opposite.  These
were marketed and sold under the name of
"Discwasher ZeroStat" (Discwasher was company that sold
equipment for vinyl records).  Don't know if they are still
around.  I THINK the unit I have was made by Empire, but I'm
sure they are long gone, or at least that specific product
probably is.  You could probably build a similar device.
These were not expensive back in the 70's, about 20 bucks.

Another method is to use cleaner that dissipates static.  It
would have to say something like "eliminates static" on the
label and NOT 'reduces static'.  I THINK someone like
Endust may make it, and it also PREVENTS static build
up which is good.
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com
http://ComputerHardware-ConsumerElectronics.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 209-882-9602
TechAssist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (alternates)
orpheuscomputing@xxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include our previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)