[TechAssist] GENERAL QUESTION -- DUST SPECKS BETWEEN LENSES

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:26:26 -0500

I have a new thread to start:

In a customer's home you are installing a new lenticular screen. Most of us
know that plastic lenses will attract particles because they are charged
statically. I presently have one that was replaced, yet the customer is seeing
specks in it even when I spent quite some time working on a clean table (yeah
right...clean....I believe it).

I'd like a solution to this, those of you who have worked in customer's homes
replacing the lenticular and fresnel lenses.

My initial thought is to use the Swiffer brand of "dust mitten" or maybe a soft
cloth with Endust (I have never used this product-ever. I don't even know what
it's made of....Endust users please reply).

If anybody out there has a sure-fire NO DUST NO SPECKS procedure for IN - HOME
screen replacement it's time to STEP UP TO THE PLATE and hit one home.
Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815