[TechAssist] Re: G.E.DVD PLAYER MODEL GE1100P NO DISC

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:06:08 -0600

Peter,

I will preface my suggestion by stating I am no expert on DVD's or CD's.
I did have a CD player that did as you said--tried to focus and no spin.
Just needed the lens cleaned.  If it can't "see" the disk, it won't spin.

Hope this helps.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

--------------------

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:25:30 -0500 "Peter Oster"
<Oster.Peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> HI GROUP
> The following player shows no disc when dvd is loaded I checked  the
> in =
> switch this is ok.The laser does go through the focus routine but
> the disc =
> does not spin. I have checked all the ribbon cables for breaks or
> bad =
> connections.
> Does anyone have any suggestions????????? Thanks
>

> Peter Oster CET
> Sr Technologist
> TES Group
> NORTHROP GRUMMAN