[TechAssist] Re: GE microwave, GSU0421B- sliced keypad ribbon cable

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:14:13 -0500

How the heck is jumpering a slit in a ribbon cable a modification?

Who in the world has ever had a microwave oven inspector come to their
door?

Ok heres one: what if a capacitor with the diode built in is replaced
with a capacitor and external diode (everything rated the same)?

What about the terrible connections some microwaves had with the one
connector at the magnetron filament? Those manufacturers never put out a
recall on them, and I had one in the shop that had almost caught fire
from that problem. That to me is one big safety problem compared to
jumpering a low voltage ribbon cable.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7