[TechAssist] Re: GE microwave, GSU0421B- sliced keypad ribbon cable

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:21:40 EST

My goodness guys, since when does making an honest suggestion the wrong thing
to do. Modifications are, and always have been against all electrical rules.
If you do it you take responsibility for it. Don't you want any input from a
45 year engineer who helped to design microwaves and owned six factory
service stations in that time and am still repairing????  Refusal to listen
is a sign of immaturity and don't you forget it.  Hollis Bates

                                              In a message dated 2/7/02

<< Subj:     [TechAssist] Re: GE microwave, GSU0421B- sliced keypad ribbon
cable
 Date:  2/7/02 2:58:03 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Phillip R. Hull)
 Sender:    techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 To:    techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Techs.
 Its not illegal to replace with subs unless the parts are shaded in the
 service manual and parts list.

 Since probably  only 50% of the posters have manuals they wouldn't even know
 this. No one would ever know unless it started a fire.
   I have had no luck using subs for a permanent repair.  I have many sets
 come in here with SK and ECG subs and replacing with OEM's made a permanent
 repair.  I take personal pride to repair to factory specifications if
 possible.  Some of the things that were done in the list below would cost
 more in time and parts than tracking down the correct part.  I hope every
 one working with microwave ovens have the correct leakage meter as per
 federal regulations.     I will use subs when a part is no longer available,
 but I tell the customer it may not last.

 Phillip R Hull
 phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx