[TechAssist] Re: GE TVCR 13" 13TVR70 / TVR1/2A mech causes pix fluctuations

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:45:40 -0600

Yes, there is quite a history on this model and it is all bad. (just
joking)  I would suspect a bad loading motor (224917).  The motor
terminals should be 14v while running.  There is also a tip for IT002
being bad but I have not seen that.  IT002 is located on the vcr board
near the rear of the mechanism.  The B+ for the motor drive should be
+17v on pins 9 and 42.  IT002 is 224950.  This set may also have some of
the diodes (1N4148) that would have excessive voltage drop in Samsung
VCRs about 10 years ago. (they will check good but the output voltage
will be low).   John.

--
John Mielke
Main TV