[TechAssist] Re: GE TV tuner problems

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:42:00 -0600

Matt,
I've had this problem on a few CTC 146 chassis's. Usually no reception on
2-6, and 7-21 intermittant. The fix is to remove glue from L101,L102, and
L103 in the tuner (parts side). Be careful not to damage the coils. I
usually use a small jewelers screwdriver to break away the glue. Don't know
if this will pretain to a CTC149 or not , but it wouldn't hurt to check if
it has these coils with glue poured over them.

                                                 Dan Webster
                                                 Webster's TV
                                                 Shullsburg, Wi.