[TechAssist] GE TV tuner problems

  • From: MATT SHERER <skoalman61821@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:39:22 -0800 (PST)

GE TV
Model: 26GT440
Chassis: CTC149H
6 months ago, customer knocked VCR off of TV and broke
rf jack off of tuner.  I could not repair it so I sent
it off.  Tuner came back, I put it in and the unit
played good for couple of months then certain channels
went to snow.  I sent the tuner off again, came back
and unit worked for a couple of months again until
same problem came back.  Unit worked fine before the
jack was broken off.  I'm deciding whether r not to
send the tuner off again or buy a new one.  Tuner is
still under warranty.  Something outside of the tuner
cause this?  If anyone has a print, I'd appreciate it.
 TIA!!

Matt Sherer
Chanpaign, IL

SUBJECT field to the address above.