[TechAssist] Re: GE TV 20GP260A with TX80.5 mainboard

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 14:03:27 EST

 Is there a ceramic cap on the G2 line on the crt socket board? If there is,
desolder it and see if that restores the voltage and brightness. Start with
the simple stuff first.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine

I had a 20 inch RCA or GE tv do the same thing but it was a CTC175 chassis.
When the picture goes dark, take the crt socket board off of the tube and
let it cool down for a few minutes. You could check the G2 voltage on the
socket then or after a short while also. Reinstall the socket after about 5
minutes to see if the brightness is up to normal, if it is then the problem
is in the crt. I do not know exactly what the problem is in the tube but it
is the culprit.
Wilf Blakey/Blakey TV,Kirkland Lake,Ont
wblakey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx