[TechAssist] Re: GE DVD Model GE1101PA

  • From: cctv-vcr@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:05:29 +0000

Ernie, that model # doesn't come up. You could check the motor driver ic,
make sure it has VCC, is being told to open the drawer, and is supplying the
proper voltage to the motor. Usually, there's 1/2 VCC at the motor and the
driver ic drops one side or the other to ground to run the motor. HTH
Gary
--
Carson City TV-VCR
2164 E Hwy 50
> Unit came in with complaint:"drawer won't open"
> The player has a DVD inside which plays, ff & rewind etc.
> All functions work OK, but drawer won't open.
> I have no service info. Checked open/close switch.
>
> Can anyone help ?
>
> Ernie Niessen
> Valley TV & Stereo
> Since 1960