[TechAssist] Re: GE CTC187CN3 dead.

  • From: "ktaylor" <kntaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:49:06 -0400

Hi Jorge:
    If the fuse doesn't blow when you plug the set in there is a good chance
the problem is in the secondary of T4101;  leaky diode or transistor.   A
leaky transistor in the standby circuit would cause it not to start up.  I
believe that would be Q4105 if your sets are similar to our Canadian sets.
Check Q4401 and CR4106.  Check them both because if one  of them is shorted
or open it could have damaged the other. hth
Ken Taylor
Zap electronics
kntaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx