[TechAssist] Re: GE - 31GT657FM1, Chassis CTC177CC

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:33:55 -0800

I will give that a try...
Thanks Jack!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jack
  To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 4:26 PM
  Subject: [TechAssist] Re: GE - 31GT657FM1, Chassis CTC177CC

  Remove all the solder from inside the tuner wrap and
  all it's stakes. Carefully resolder everything with
  silver solder which you can get at Radio Shack. Comon
  problem. TCE gives servicers what is call an "S-Kit"
  which contains the silversolder, the flux and the
  template for recognizing the stakes within the tuner
  wrap. This causes many problems, especially vertical
  problems and can corrupt the EEprom.

  Jack

  --- Premium Technologies <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:

  > BlankGentlemen,
  > I'm having an elusive vertical problem with the
  > above described which is =
  > producing a horizontal line 1/4 of the way down from
  > the top of the =
  > screen.  No schematic on this one, but from past
  > experience it seems my =
  > in voltage might be low on the vertical deflector
  > U4501.
  > I've replaced U4501,  and about 8 of caps in that
  > circuit, (C-4502, =
  > 4108, 4107, 4506, 4505, 4705, 4112, 4404) with no
  > change in symptoms.  =
  > My voltage readings on pin 1 and 2 of U4501 are 13.4
  > and 24.7 =
  > respectively, and 23.0 on 5-Vout.
  > I've traced circuit for open shorts with no luck,
  > and quickly running =
  > out of patience.  Any help would be appreciated...
  > Bill
  > Premium Technologies
  > Ocean Park, Washington

  > SUBJECT field to the address above.