[TechAssist] GATEWAY LAPTOP MDL: SOLO 2150 HDD PASSWORD

  • From: "fremur01@xxxxxxxxx" <fremur01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:17:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Unit was brought in by the customer to locate 19vdc
power pack. It probably needs a battery as well.
Anyway I located an adapter, laptop powers up fine,
but prompts "Input HDD Password" while booting.

I tried resetting the CMOS by unhooking the battery
located under keyboard to no avail. Is this password
coded directly into the hard drive, then linked to
CMOS?

If anyone knows a workaround, or of a utility to
remove
the password please let me know. By the way it's a IBM
6.0GB, 2.5" drive

GATEWAY LAPTOP  MDL: SOLO 2150    HDD PASSWORD

Thanks,

Fred
MTS Electronics
Fayetteville, NC