[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: saga continues: callback!Re: partial fix,update:Re: upda

  • From: "John Florea" <Watcher000000000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:15:47 -0800

Sometimes monitor's have a problem with the horizontal at cartain resolutions
and certain video cards. It might be that whatever video card they are using is
causing the horizontal to fail. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen this.

John Florea
Affordable Electronics.
Tumwater Wash.

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:59:26 -0500
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Electronic Hardware Repair <ELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ran two days solid OK here. Customer picks up, has 4 hours,finds he has
a virus,is repeatedly rebooting PC, Monitor shows off-frequency display
at one certain boot up,then dead. Put on bench again today: the 11 volt
zener I replaced was OK,but my HOT and FET shorted again. I'm
depressed.Don't know if it was anything customer did,or what...If
there's a GOD, I need advice...