[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Zenith SRV1304S 13" TVCR dead, one chirp only,shorted D624]

  • From: John Mielke <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:44:12 -0800

Yes, that's a zener to ground from thew B+.  It is QD4Z0001Z150 or Magnavox
4835-130-37786 which crosses to a NTE5100A.  The B+ there should be +112
volts.  It may have been a power surge but if the cause is inside the set
I'd suspect caaps in the primary circuit or on that 112v line.  That same B+
line is the feedback sample source for the regulator.  Also suspect ALL the
solder connections, especially where the cables attatch to go to the
deflection board.  Hope that helps, John.