[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: RCA PTV P52750WK, CTC169PABF crackel in speakers then shut down. intermittant.]

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:12:26 -0500

Phil,
        This version uses the 10 watt audio board which is supplied with both a
positive and negative source voltages (which are present anytime the set is
plugged in).  There is no output coupling cap for the audio outputs so the
output offset voltage is monitored and will shutdown the set if it goes to
far.  Solution, change the output ic's u1901 & u1902 part number 175722.
Jerry
Christians Electronic Service

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:10:59 -0500
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
863-299-8821

We pulled the electronics box and have it here in shop. It never did
shut down for us yet.Today I plugged it in to power and before I could
turn it on,I heard audible crackel from our speakers plugged into the
EXT audio jacks to test it. Even when not crackling,I put the speaker to
my ear and can hear a whine.like an oscillation.All this just plugged
in,not powered up. I assume there is  some standby source that is common
to the sound and main power of the set..Something that could affect shut
down and sound...
SUBJECT field to the address above.

SUBJECT field to the address above.