[TechAssist] [Fwd: Proscan PS35153 (CTC169BJ5) "snaps" heard in CRT neck,pix flashes]

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:05:54 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Proscan PS35153 (CTC169BJ5) "snaps" heard in CRT neck,pix
flashes
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:05:23 -0400
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "CONSUMERELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<CONSUMERELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is a direct view 35".Customer said it would "lose pix and sound".In
shop it came on OK but after about 15 min. I could hear a muffled
arc(like when it's inside the CRT neck)and saw the pix lose focus
momentarly.I think the arc may have locked the micro for him.With the
back off I zeroed in with my ears to the CRT neck assy as the origin of
the sound.I've heard 25 years of CRT guns arcing (like Zeniths!)and this
sounds like that. Now, this TV uses a seperate G2/focus assembly from
the flyback. Could this focus block failing INDUCE the heard arc? Or is
this CRT toast? (CRT: A89AFF15X01, focus blocks# on part: 80432-20A,
3A1901)
To unsubscribe write to:
techassist-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.