[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Mitsubishi VS5007R PTV "dog".cured shut down,still vert hold problem.]

  • From: "DEVROUGH GROUP" <TechDept@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:46:39 -0500

Not to be a wise ass, but did you try using a hair dryer or other heat
source when cold or freeze spray when hot. Mitsubishi in my book are noted
for bad capacitors leaking fluid in the vertical, power supply and shutdown
circuits.

Marty
Marty@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 07:37:20 -0500
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "CONSUMERELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<CONSUMERELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Customer brought it in with shut down at turn on. From a forum email we
checked and found a bad cap C728 (100mfd@16v on signal board) changed it
and now powers on.For some reason my helper said he had to change the
vert IC401 (LA7838 and several associated lytics nearby,both bad: C4006
(? mfd.) and C4000 (100 mfd).now it powered up and had a fair picture
considering age. Came in next morning (shop was cold)turned on and the
full picture was vertically locked at exactly a half-frame.Anotherwords
it was like I rolled the picture down to half way and "locked" it. As
the set warmed for just a few minutes it slowly moved up and locked in
properly for as long as it ran that day. On the signal board (next to
the deflection board) I did find a leaking cap, "C3A3" (100 mfd@ 16V)
next to transistor Q3A1. I don't think this is related to the circuit in
question,tho I havn't tried it since C3A3 was replaced.  BTW the
customer stopped by and said this wierd vert half-lock deal when cold
was the original problem he had a long time.Anyone shed light on
this...Please?
SUBJECT field to the address above.

SUBJECT field to the address above.