[TechAssist] [Fwd: Magnavox projection fluid changing procedure (PTV706)]

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:11:40 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Magnavox projection fluid changing procedure (PTV706)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:27:59 -0500
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "CONSUMERELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<CONSUMERELREPAIR-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is a 46" PTV706 chassis,model FP4625W103.Picture cloudy according
to customer,on phone.Probably needs fluid changed. On my older maggie we
vacuumed out the fluid thru the fill tube without disturbing the
CRT.This is a later model. I faxed Philips tech dept with this question
and got a fax back to "remove CRT first!!!". Is this the fact or just
their "standard operating procedure" answer? TIA, Phil
SUBJECT field to the address above.