[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Vcr, RCA VR678HF (fcc# G954255195) dead,P.S resistors I.D.]]

  • From: Daniel <danielstarca@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 11:55:59 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Philip;
 This Unit sounds like the smps may need to be
rebuilt.Suggest you remove the Main Transistor Q801
and test it out of circuit.Also check the Diodes (and
Capacitors) in the Secondary of the transformer
circuit. There are several Power Supply Rebuild kits
now available, might be a good idea in this case.
-Daniel
--- Philip Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

with  unsubscribe  in the subject line.