[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Symphonic-VCRmodSE426G,fccADTVCR226G

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:25:06 -0500

Its one of two things. Either the main lever is not moving the mode lever to
the proper position for reel drive, or the main lever holder is not locking
the reel brakes off during unload. We usually replace the main lever and
main lever holder to take care of many problems.
I once saw a post to drill a hole through the plastic main lever pivot and
put a screw in to compensate for wear of the pivot, but I have never tried
that.
When the main lever holder is the problem, it usually leaves the reel brakes
on in FF/REW too. You can usually see a slot cut into the main lever holder
by rubbing on the main lever.
Once, replacing the parts did not help on the reel drive problem and I had
to bend the end of the main lever over about  1/16 inch at the mode lever to
get it to work.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave