[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Sony 36XBR400 brief audio, 11 blinks shut down

  • From: <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:54:26 -0500

Al,
See if this helps, from Tech Repair CD:
SONY\KPR36XBR\INTERMITTENT SHUTDOWN AFTER WARMED UP & A SCRAMBLED CABLE\CHANNEL
IS PUNCHED IN\\\REPLACE
IC5001* C5007 & R5005\\\\\\\\

Sony\KV36XBR450\Shutdown after 10 seconds with no picture displayed* sound OK.
HV rises to normal.\ If G2
is increased a collapsed vertical deflection of reduced width is observed for a
short time. Looks like bad
vertical O/P\\DX-1A\No Set 5V from regulator IC6007 due to a short measured
across 5V output and ground
from regulator (located on main A board)\Traced short to heat damaged FL3505
(1-233-512-21 - 37uH
inductor) located on BC Pcb.\This is a small sub daughter board located on the
B board* connector CN3500*
which then plugs into the main A board.\This was a little difficult to trace
initially as a low ohm
reading of less than 20 ohms is normal when measuring the set 5V rail to ground
on the B board  when
removed f\Makes you look at the B board for the short. The BC board is easy to
remove without dismantling
everything if you know to check it first.\\\\

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113