[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Re: Proscan Model PTK188AC chassis CTC188A

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

Larry
 what does the 15v supply? If it is part of the vertical circuit I would be
looking in that area.
Even if it is not part of that area I would check the vertical section.

           Paul

Larry Poffen <lpoffen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Update on Proscan CTC188, Have rang flyback, rings 45+ times. This set is
one of the most complicated sets I have seen. Did RCA make a
troubleshooting or training manual for the CTC188? The 135 Volts seems OK
when it tries to fire up, but the 15V is low, around 10-11V as it fires up.
I sure would appreciate some direction on this set. Caps in pwr supply,
that I have ckd are ok. Is there any service info on troubleshooting this
set out there? If I sound frustrated it is because I am!!!! Thanks
Larry
Larrys TV & Computer Service
Broken Arrow OK 74011
phone 918-455-1041