[TechAssist] Fw: Re: Fisher CD player. DAC9635. M Error FIXED

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:01:51 -0500

Friends,

Finally got this unit fixed.  Hope I NEVER see another one.  The display
was showing "M ERROR."  I thought that meant memory error, but it means
"mechanical error."

Thanks from tips from several on this list, I ordered several gears and
rollers before I took the thing totally apart.  The problem turned out to
be four rollers that the "doughnut" that holds the disks rides on.  The
rubber on the rollers had deteriorated and spongy.  Like driving your car
with a flat tire.  The part number is 6142499351.  Tritronics lists this
item as "roller assembly."  Well, the <assembly> consists of a plastic
roller with rubber tire.  Had to reorder three more to replace all four.
Took me five hours to do the job.

Special thanks to Ron Purkhiser for sending a copy of the service manual
for this beast!

Regards,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services