[TechAssist] Re: Fw: RCA-CTC177AA2-Mod#25gt503,OSD shifted left

  • From: Jack <lightwizard_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:13:28 -0800 (PST)

When the tuner wrap loses it's grounds, it causes the
EEprom to get it's data corrupted. On the older sets,
just replace it and tweek the rf adjustments. On the
newer sets, you can use Chipper Checker to reprogram
the EEprom. I can only use this email at home, don't
have time for it at work. Ask someone for the AFT
align procedure.

--- Don Hartigan <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Al&Jack,tks for replys.What is the AFT adj
> procedure?C3301 was replaced.This
> unit has a bad micro,i think.The MENU keeps popping
> up for no reason
> &besides being shifted to left,it's very
> erratic.Though i might have a bad
> tact switch but changed them &still same.Also the
> unit will sometimes pulse
> on/off &then stay on.Rechecked my tuner warp
> repair&it looks good.Think i
> may be looking at multiple problems on this
> set.Rpelaced Q4101,the 5volt
> standby,it's emmiter was down to 4.76vdc.It's now
> 5.1vdc.Rechecked the U4101
> reg.Starting to go around in a circle on this set so
> will put it aside &come
> back to it with a fresh outlook &start from
> scratch.Will keep all up to date
> if i get a complete&final fix.tks again.....Don of
> HARTS-TVCR''ASC''
> 9-Robert St.,Oromocto,NewBrunswick,CAN
> Tel#506-357-9785Fax#506-357-6010

Authorized on: Sony, TCE, Pioneer, Denon, NAD

SUBJECT field to the address above.